Preserving a rose

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zie

My fiance is by no means what you would call a romantic kind of man, but he knows I go all mushy for stuff like that, and today, he bought me a rose. You usually buys me something little on V-Day, but this just brightened my day and surprised me, so of course, I want to keep this rose for a very long time.

However, I'm pretty dumb about things like this. Does anyone know of some very easy ways to do this? I read about hanging it and letting it just dry, but there's really nowhere in my house to do that...

Is there any other simple method I could do?

What I do is tie a string around the rose(s) and then I use something like a hanger and hang the rose upside down. Put it on your closet door, or wherever you can. Also heard of hair spraying it so it won't change shape, Ive done that as well.

HM posted on CnQ about this stuff you can get from the craft store when I posted this about a rose I got last semester that I wanted to keep. There are many different ways to do it so let us know what you pick!

HM posted on CnQ about this stuff you can get from the craft store when I posted this about a rose I got last semester that I wanted to keep. There are many different ways to do it so let us know what you pick!

Yeah, I tried googling it and I don't even know what to start with! I'm only posting here for opinions and ideas that people have tried because I really want to keep this rose. :< I don't want to mess it up or anything.

Yeah, I tried googling it and I don't even know what to start with! I'm only posting here for opinions and ideas that people have tried because I really want to keep this rose. :< I don't want to mess it up or anything.
Try googling silica gel.

Thank you, Meanie.. I was racking my brain trying to think of silica gel. ;)

Florist supply places will have silica gel ..so will Michael's, Beverly's, and Hobby something or other ...and AC Moore's (?? ..I think that's the name of the craft place that's popular on the East Coast.. it's been awhile)

Back