Pregnant?!?!?!?!?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodysChinchillas

<- Pooper Scooper
Now, I know this is probably REALLY unlikely but I want some opinions from the more experienced. So, I adopted Lola & Willow from the local shelter in December. Now, I am noticing that Lola is drinking A LOT of water (almost a whole bottle by herself in one day), she's laying on her side a lot more, she's also giving me a hard time about holding her now.
The thing is, they're both supposed to be girls?! I haven't actually checked myself (stupid, I know) but I just assumed that the shelter knew from the previous owners. But is it even possible for them to go 8 months without breeding until now? Is it even anything for me to worry about? Thanks!

I didn't see you mention if you have confirmed if they are opposite sexes or not...That would be step one but if they are a male and a female instead of two females then yes it could have just taken this long to do the deed...

Yes, chins can be together for any amount of time be it weeks or years until they breed successfully. If you can not sex them yourself please post pictures here and members can sex them for you. I would not trust the previous owners nor the shelter one bit on the sexes.

Agreed. Even pregnant a whole bottle of water is excessive, are you exaggerating that? How big is your bottle? Excessive fluids can be indicative of a UTI.

Back