post anesthesia question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda81

Hello,

I posted a thread last week about my Chinchilla Echo. The very good news is, Echo just came back from a second vet appointment where they looked at her teeth (including X-ray) and they said her teeth are all perfect! Bloodwork also almost perfect, just a little high in one area that the vet said is probably leftover from the GI problems she was having last week.

Today she was given anesthesia for the dental xrays and I noticed afterward the fur around her eyes was all covered in ointment (like her fur looked wet). I know they put ointment in the eyes during anesthesia, I was just worried about having that much leftover around her eyes. Does anyone have any experience with it? Will it kind of go away on it's own or is there something else I should do?

Yeah my chin's face was pretty gunked up after he got anesthesia and molar spurs removed. It took a few weeks for it to go away, best thing you can do is let them have dust baths!

That sounds normal post-anesthesia. As mentioned above, this will get better with time and dust baths.

Back