Please help: opinions on xray

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnimau

Dear all,

Our 10-year old chinchilla had dental filings done a few months ago. I'd noticed her wiping her mouth and there was discharge from one eye. As far as I could tell, she was still eating normally. The vet said she has weird teeth on one side (he compared it to a 'moon landscape'). The other side was normal, she probably uses that side to eat. There was also a (small) spur, so he did the filings and tried to get the shape of the teeth as normal as possible. We had xrays done and according to the vet, there are no root problems.
She went back to her normal ways right after the anesthesia/treatment, but she still wipes her mouth occasionally and the discharge is still there (we've also tried eye drops, this didn't work).

As I'm not really reassured, I've tried to compare the xrays to images online and I'm not so sure there's no root elongation. I'm very worried she's in pain. I plan to visit the vet asap anyway to have her teeth checked again, but I'd really like some opinions on the xrays. Thanks!

xray1.jpegxray2.jpeg

A little more information: She does eat hay (which according to the vet, they need to chew with both sides) and she chews on wood sticks. I'd imagine/hope she wouldn't be doing this if it hurts?

Back