Play time

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jillzukow

Hey guys!
I got a chinchilla about a week ago and had question about when I let him out. I have been leaving his cage open so he can just come and go as he pleases when I get home from work until I go to bed. Is that a good idea? Should I not give him access to his cage? He’s started to go in there and go to sleep when he’s tired and done for the night so I assumed it was okay but figured I’d ask.

That's fine so long as the area you let him play is chinproofed and you are watching him the whole time. It can actually be better to allow them to go back when they want that way if they don't feel like playing as long they don't have to, as well as if they are hungry or thirsty, or if they feel scared they can run back to the cage. :)

That's fine so long as the area you let him play is chinproofed and you are watching him the whole time. It can actually be better to allow them to go back when they want that way if they don't feel like playing as long they don't have to, as well as if they are hungry or thirsty, or if they feel scared they can run back to the cage. :)
I absolutely watch him the whole time and spend most of the time playing with him :)

Back