Pink Himalayan Salt Lamp

tessapixie

Magical Girl
Long story short, I’m actually expecting a new chinnie friend in April. It was unexpected the way it happened but I truly felt the way it did happen was meant to be, and I’m extremely excited for him to get here. 🥰
I’m slowly getting everything I need for his arrival (I just ordered all of my fleece products and a new bottom pan for my Critter Nation), and was told by someone with a vet background In a chinchilla owners Facebook Group that I should remove all things with a scent out of my room where he will be housed. I’m into the New Age scene, so I have a lot of sage, incense, and candles. I know I can’t light them in the same room as him but even unlit there is still a smell. I also have a lot of perfumes laying around in my bedroom. I plan to remove it all from my room tomorrow so that I can let my room air out with an open window for most of the day. I do have a question about a Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp, though. Clearly it won’t be in his play time area or anywhere he could try licking or chewing on it, since I know they can’t ingest it, but is it okay to turn it on around him? Should I just leave it unlit and leave it as decoration? Would it being unlit be an issue? Thanks in advance!

tessapixie

Magical Girl
Yes, I agree. The rest is being taken out before he arrives, and I would never want him to ingest the scent if they were lit. I just wasn’t sure about the lamp because it’s electric like a regular light. I’ll just keep the lamp unlit. :)

Latest posts

Group builder