Petfinder chinchilla...BAD advice

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany_Lynn

I like dinosaurs :3
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19446284?rvp=1

Charlie is a lonely guy since his mate died and his kids moved out! Aparently both chinchillas were fed Doritos by a very young member of the household and the female didn't survive. Then there was a break-up and the new human in the household claims to be allergic! Charlie would probably be happiest if someone had a nice available female chinchilla and didn't mind a few babies! If interested in more info about Charlie call Kim @ xxx-xxx-xxxx and be sure to leave a message. I will return your call as soon as possible. Or you can e-mail me @ (email address). Thanks for checking out our pets!
NY332.19446284-1-pn.jpg

His picture has what appear to be carrots and lettuce in his cage...I emailed the rescue person and told them that 1. advising people to breed this chinchilla is a terrible idea and 2. feeding him carrots/veggies could kill him.
:\

Poor little guy! I hope he finds a home with someone who knows what they are doing.

Ahem... Dee. ;)

Patty, I have sent her a message telling her that we are interested in him and outlining our extensive chinchilla experience. I hope that she will get back to me.

This saddens me so much that this is a rescue who is recommending someone breed the animal. I don't care if it was a reptile, mouse, bird, or cockroach....a rescue, who mainly takes in strays (where the heck does she think strays come from?!) is recommending breeding.

*head desk*

The food thing also annoys me to no end, but the breeding recommendation just makes my blood boil.

This saddens me so much that this is a rescue who is recommending someone breed the animal. I don't care if it was a reptile, mouse, bird, or cockroach....a rescue, who mainly takes in strays (where the heck does she think strays come from?!) is recommending breeding.

*head desk*

The food thing also annoys me to no end, but the breeding recommendation just makes my blood boil.

Especially considering that this rescue is part of a coalition of local groups applying for a Maddie's Fund grant... :banghead:

Ahem...DORITOS?! Wow. That is a new level of ignorance that I didn't even think possible with chins. Not that the "rescue" is doing much better feeding him veggies and advocating breeding of animals with unknown backgrounds. Many small animal rescues that are not too familiar with chins make what I guess could be considered "new owner mistakes"...but you'd think as a rescue they'd at least do some research. It's very frustrating. I hope this little guy gets a great home.

I am going to ask that nobody else sends emails to the rescue unless you are planning on adopting him. They have been notified of their mistakes and don't need to get anymore emails bashing them. We are not the chinchilla police. Let's not turn this into a witch hunt.

I agree with Meanie and I also want to say that a "debate" definition needs to be reviewed in the dictionary. This is not a debate and should not be in the debate section.

Dee - I hope she gets back to you and you can get him out of there - hopefully she'll also be open to hearing what you have to say and asking you for help and advice if they get another chin in.

I also agree that we need to stop e-mailing or it may hurt your chance of hearing from her about this little guy.

I agree with Meanie and I also want to say that a "debate" definition needs to be reviewed in the dictionary. This is not a debate and should not be in the debate section.

I'm sorry about that, I actually wasn't sure where to put it...I didn't want to put it under rescues or CL ads because I didn't think it would fit there. My mistake, I apologize. In the future if I am unsure where to put something, should I send a Mod a PM, or just post it under "chin chat"?

Back