Pedigree Makers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you join the chinchilla club they have some decent formats for you. That is what I use.

I know people who use Evans Software too. However, I used Xcel and created my own template. It worked pretty slick.

I'm currently using ZooEasy and am going to upgrade, you can get a free demo of it on their site.

Excel would be okay, but if you have more than a couple... it would be time consuming. I like that I can keep everything in one spot, and once the parents are entered it automatically created pedigrees for the offspring when you enter them. Also if you get new animals that have some of the same lines, it will automatically fill that information in for you. It also has a weight graph/chart, etc.

I ordered the chinchilla club book. I am small scale though, so it isn't too hard for me to just keep a file and write them out. I also keep the info saved in excel for backup.

I use excel, easy for me to figure out. We tried(evans I think it was) and I really didnt like it. My hubby did but since I do most of the info never expanded it.

Brenda, are you looking for large pedigrees or something that will fit on a cage card? I have a decent excel pedigree format I use for my cage cards that I would be willing to send you if you're interested.

The reason I like Evans, is because it keeps track of so much more than just the pedigree. Such as comments on all animals, Show info on everyone, breeding history, weights, and charts, and so much more!

I say Evans is totally worth the money. I always hesitated when I only had a few chins, but after having it, wondered why I ever waited.

We have Evans program and we love it. If you have alot of chins getting everything entered in the first time takes alot of time. After you have everyone in the program adding babies is so easy cause it will fill everything in if you already have the parents in there. It keeps track of all expenses, show information and much much more.
Thanks,
Mike

I agree with Nicole and MNC we use Evans and love it to death..I am a stickler on records and I have no area of my business animal or financial go unrecorded and it is easy to use as well..

Back