Opinions on previously stored items?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

Hello! :)

I have been stressing over getting a new cage/wheels/toys for everyone.

Well, this nice deal came across on craigslist and today we took the trip to purchase the lot.
(One 142FN cage with a bass pan, a group of toys, two wheels, food dishes/marble slabs/a book and blue cloud dust for $130.)

Now my question is what my mom brought up.. once we got home.
She's afraid of the items being previously stored.

This lady lost her chinchillas to teeth issues 2 years ago. The cage is never used..
however the toys have been stored in a bag and the dust in a sealed bag within newspaper.
Would you grant it safe to use? I know these are chinchilla safe items as I notice them from chin stores online.
I was also wondering about the wheels. Can any one tell me what 'brand' they are?
I've seen them, but can't seem to remember. It looks like a food pan..but hard and heavy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sure, I'd use them so long as there isn't any visible discoloration. They look pretty good to me.

as long as the toy parts were stored in a dry location and there was no way for mice or other vermin to get into them, i would say go ahead and use them.

if the dust in the bag was never used to dust other chins, i'd go ahead and use it if it's dry and not clumpy at all.

i think those are homemade cake pan wheels.

The color looks fine on all. The bag was all knotted up and I didn't see any holes in it that would leave me to believe bugs or other rodents would've gotten into it.

I was looking around at videos and this looks like the wheels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okpt1NVuFoU

Thank god they're in the basement. I'd be messed over as far as sleep goes otherwise.

Back