One of chin's ears is laid back?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carleigh

Woke up this morning to check on/feed the chinchillas because I fell asleep super early and didn't do it last night like I normally do. I usually leave at 7am so I never see them at this time of morning, so I think I woke them up. None of them were too energized, but one had one ear perked up and one laid back. I touched his ear and it didn't bother him or anything, but he didn't pick it up. I also noticed one of my other chins (in a different cage) had one ear down too, but I'm almost certain that he was half asleep still. I'm kind of worried. Is this normal behavior or indicative of something else? What else should I be looking out for?

Mine do this all the time when they're sleepy. XD I'll poke under it and it pops up, then it falls down as soon as I stop. It's adorable!

I thought it was because they were sleeping on it.. LOL. Tribble's ear is like that when he lays on his pillow and sleeps :p

Oh good!! I've never seen them do that. I came home today and his other ear was down instead haha! But he was perky as ever!

when sleeping or falling asleep they keep one ear on alert when someone is in the room . when they fall into a deep sleep both ears will stay down .

Back