ok...ow!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akunaferret

Tasty Human
So last night,I went to go play with the chins for a little bit. When I went to go play with Flynn, he bit me hard enough that I jerked my hand away, he left little teeth marks that lasted maybe 5minutes at most. He's never bitten me that hard before. What could be the reason behind this?

Did you approach him in a way that might have made him feel threatened? Did your fingers smell like food or another chin that he doesn't get along with?Those might be some of the reasons, but I doubt you'll ever know for sure. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.

hmm you know what, My fiancee and I are moving, and we were moving stuff in a room that had a cat, could that be it maybe?

Could be the cat. My sister-in-law stopped in one evening and Sebaschin went nuts when she went near the cage even though he was on the other side of the bars from her. We figured that, since she had a cat, the scent was on her hands. She has been back since and washes her hands before coming close and there has been no more crazy chin in the cage.

Rhino is more prone to nibble/groom not so gently after i've been around other animals like cats or dogs. i do wash my hands when i get home, before going near his cage, but i'm sure the smell is still on my clothing and such.

Boji bites me when I've been around other men or have new men in my apartment. Women, he's fine with. Apparently I'm spoken for. :)

Was yesterday chinnie- 'bite your owner day' ?
Seems like everyone got a hard nip from their chins. lol

Haha I got bit too....On occassion Snowy has gotten me...but I'm also handfeeding her so shes a bit of a brat

I've had my fair share of bites in the past! Some were just hard nips because my hands apparently smelled tasty, but I got a few bites trying to break up scuffles during intros. That HURTS! :p I've only had about 4 chin bites that broke the skin, and I don't recommend it. :rofl:

My male Chico is the most personable chin ever now. He loves a good scracth on his tummy, nibble on your finger while your doing it. But if he gets to worked up or in an unfrimilar envirnment he will snap/nip a little bit. And it does hurt a little.

Right now when he sees his girl out to play, (seperate cages) it can get him so worked up he starts haveing seisures or going crazy at least. So if she comes out i have to put him in an small animal carrier away from the play spot, so he doesnt have any problems. He was in their jsut yesterday when i came up to the front to check on him and he bit me.

Hes still the msot lovable little guy, but occasionly they might get to the point of doing something liek that.

Back