Oh no!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH no!!! Good luck! Is he collecting? Paul has been without a job since Nov when his employer sent his job over seas....it is getting hard out there!

Aww Susan, I'm so sorry. I know this is going to impact your life greatly. Hopefully he will be able to collect decent unemployment and find a new job soon.

:hug3:

Have you considered moving to Nebraska?

Fortunately none of this has hit us as hard as it seems to have hit the rest of the country. My mom thinks it is because our state legislature requires that we have a balanced budget, but I don't know. I know we've had a few around, but not as massive as the ones I've read about in other areas.

Wish you luck!

Have him go straight to unemployment, as there's a 2 week waiting period, and you don't get a check for another 2 weeks! By then your broke, and playing "catch-up" with the bills! Been there - still doing that!

Same here Nicole. We aren't feeling the crunch nearly as bad as other states are, other than just in increased prices on "stuff."

Susan - I'm so sorry to hear hubby157 lost his job. I hope it's either for a very short time or he can find something else quickly.

It does end up some what working out. There are alot of programs to help with food and stuff in case the job hunt takes a bit. We had this happen in december. Not a lay off as my husband and I are self employed, but a complete lack of work. Because of being self employed we were not eligible for unemployment. We still have no work but my husband finally just started a night job that should at least pay the majority of the basic bills. You really end up finding the pleasure in the little things and not taking stuff for granted. Our faith in humanity was restored in with the generosity of total strangers. Its a very humbling experience. Good luck with the job search and I hope its a very short time that your hubby is unemployed.

Stacy

I am very sorry Susan, I can imagine how scary that must be! Hope he finds a job really soon *keeping fingers crossed*!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful support. We'll just keep our fingers crossed.

:hugs:

Hi,

Sorry to hear that.
I was laid off in Feb. it bites.
Do have him go ASAP to unemploment. If he wants to call he'll have to find out his "day" it goes by the last number in his SS#. Monday is 0&1 Tuesday is 2&3 and so one. I called on Feb. 10, and got my first check on March 4th (3 weeks) but they do send it it retro, and you don't get paid for the first week you are out.

Good luck!!

Back