Oddly energetic after anesthesia - is this okay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfaith

Sir chewsiph rodontus had to be knocked out so they could do his first ever xrays and dental check up. I was hoping to get some opinions here on what’s good, bad, things to look for, tips...etc ( I trust the vet but I want any information I can get :) )
Everyone has their own ways of handling being drunk but he’s oddly energetic ; He’s spunky anyways but he’s acting a bit wigged out and won’t let me help get the gunk ( eye lube ) wiped away from his eye. Plus he’s just “off” a bit mentally ish...while he’s seemingly fine in motor functions. Maybe having a hard time seeing?
He is okay with some stuff ( eating hay, taking meds, squeaking) but loses interest.
He refuses to acknowledge me for the most part- I’m use to him being upset with me in these cases because this is *totally* my fault :/ even though it was necessary. He’s just never this wigged out about it.
....it’s just a little weirder than usual - I’ll continue reading forms already posted in the meantime. Thankyou!

If it's been less then 24 hours I would just wait. It takes time (I would say 12-24 hours) for all the drugs to be out of his system and that is likely causing him to act weird.

Back