Nyc

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michellemazz

Hi!

I'm originally from Texas but just moved to NYC.

I didnt really know what the heck a chinchilla was until I stumbled upon one at Petco. (Ug, I know)

Found out about a Chin rescue just outside the city, and did some research regarding these goofy little dudes.

I ended up actually adopting Julio in February.
He is a standard gray guy that is still very much a baby tike in chin years.
He is a little over 1 y/o.

Loves-
-Chin scratchies
-Oats and grain treats vs goji berry/hips
-To Strip off Apple stick bark to pieces
-Loves caves and burrowing
-Chin Spin
-I didn't believe the whole "they love to watch Tv" thing at first, but Yeh ...if I turn on the tv for him, he will sit on his corner perch / tunnel closest to it and watch nonstop.
-Dirt bath

Hates-
Being picked up (typical chinny lol)

I think I was most shocked at how super smart chinzillas are.
Just when I think I've chin proofed something, Julio will find either something I missed or a work around.

He is super inquisitive, too.
Lol see picture in next post

:)

Looking forward to learning more chin stuff and seeing everyone else's pictures of their fur babies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
What a cutie! We're in NYC too! I only know of 3 chin owners in the city, I figure most of them are probably under 18, as they are marketed quite heavily in the pet stores as 'easy family pets'. Nice to meet you!

Lychin!
I LOVE your website!
It is so cute!

The rescue I went through was called chin friends. It's actually on Long Island.
:)
I received oodles of info from them! They are super nice people!

Julio actually came from a girl on Long Island that couldn't keep him due to moving.

He is an easy going little guy.

Love is never work.
When my animals are happy, I am happy too. 😃

So true! What a beautiful and honest sentiment. :) So glad to hear Julio is doing well with you!

I received Julio from a girl on Long Island who was moving and couldn't take him with her. :-(

I know she originally bought him from a breeder, but not sure what the. Breeders name was

Back