NY/NE Chapter Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godins Chinchillas

Godin's Chinchillas
Date:
Sept 26-27, 2014

Montgomery County Fairgrounds
21 S. Bridge St.
Fonda, NY 12068
Exit 28 off I90
Entertainment Building

Nearby Hotels:
Super 8
301 N. Comrie Ave
Johnstown, NY
518-736-1800
PET FRIENDLY

Holiday Inn
308 N. Comrie Ave.
Johnstown, NY
518-762-4686
PET FRIENDLY

Microtel Inn
136 N. Comrie Ave.
Johnstown, NY
518-762-5425
Call for pet info.

Camping also available at fairgrounds on the midway electric included: $20 per night paid at registration table.

Judge:
Paul K.

Set Up:
Friday, Sept 26– 4pm-6pm.
All hands are welcome in putting up the show lights and equipment and arranging tables and chairs!

Friday, Sept 26– 6pm-9pm. Animals may be housed in the show hall overnight.
Saturday, Sept 27– 6am-9am.
$4.00 per animal for MCBA members, $8.00 per animal for non-members. Applications for membership will be available at the registration table.
Each exhibitor gets a complimentary showbook.
$5.00 per family if not showing any chinchillas.
$5.00 per showbook.

Classification:
Saturday, Sept 27– 9am sharp!
All animals must be checked in and groomed by 9am. The show begins immediately after classification.

Lunch:
Entree provided for a cash donation. Suggested donation: $5
Sides are potluck. All food donations are welcome!

Featuring:
Baby Derby, and Door Prize Raffles

Raffle Items greatly appreciated!

Claiming optional.

[email protected] or [email protected]

or Jessica Godin
[email protected]

I for one, am excited about this show! Only 3 months!
What is everyone bringing for a dish to pass?

I will also be bringing wood to sell, anyone interested in pre-ordering can pm me.

Very excited for this! It will be my first show! =D that being said of course, I will not be showing. Just observing. That being said I am curious, Godin you said you will have china for sale. What chins are you planning on bringing?

Are the trophys all sponsored? I think we signed up at last years show but just double checking. Also, show book ads, do we contact Jim Silko and contact info?

Do we know what we are having for food this year? Trying to decide what to bring for side dish? Do you want brownies this year?

I'll ask Paul on the trophies. I don't remember what the plan was on them. Show book ads can be sent to Brenda Walter-I believe. Brent is doing the magazines now.

We are probably doing pizza again this year. So bring what you'd like for desserts or munchies.

The trophies are no longer being sponsored. We were offered a better deal on the trophies and I believe there will be more of them!

Brent is just doing the newsletter and National Show books, that I am aware of. The individual chapters will need to make up their own show books. Sorry!

I can't believe this show is so close!! I can't wait! I'll bring a dessert. Not sure what but will come up with something. I'll have a few Chins for sale. Not sure which ones just yet.

showbooks

I am in the process of getting info from Jim and I will do the showbooks. If you want an ad please email it to me! I will have to charge for the ads at the show. If you are donating for the raffle you will get half page ad free.

Thank you for your patience,
Hope

[email protected]

Show Book Ad

Ok folks, just a reminder if you are making a donation to the raffle you get a 1/2 page ad in the show book. If you are not making a donation and would like to purchase space in the book it will be as follows, full page ad $20, half page ad $10 and business card size $5. I will need your ads emailed to me by Sept 12th. [email protected] I will send you an invoice at that time if you are paying for the ad.

Thank you
Hope

P.S. Even if you had an ad in the past, I still need to know if you want to continue with the ad. I will not automatically leave ads in.

I am hoping to come as I have never been to a show. Do people sell things at shows? Such as show cages, or wood? I want to budget for it.

I am hoping to come as I have never been to a show. Do people sell things at shows? Such as show cages, or wood? I want to budget for it.

Show cages are provided at shows by the chapter for the chinchillas being shown. I don't believe you can buy any at the show.

I will be bringing some stuff for a vendor table, not sure if there will be other vendors of not. If you are looking for something in particular you can pm me.

You can order show cages to be picked up at show. Im sure ryerson or ritterspach wouldnt mind bringing a few along. Most items are pre-ordered though.

Back