Not running on wheel anymore

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommyDJ

We got our hedgie 4 months ago and she is about 8 months old. She loved her wheel from the day we got her. We have her in a side by side tub set up with her place she likes to sleep and burrow on one side and her wheel food and water in the other tub and a pvc tube between.

About two weeks ago she stopped running on her wheel at night altogether. She is still eating and drinking and poops normal, no green stools. We get her out to roam in a large enclosure every evening. She eats 1 Tablespoon of food each day with a few dried mealworms every other day.

Should we be concerned? Will she go back to running? I'm mostly concerned about her weight and health.

Thanks in advance.

Hey! I'm experiencing this exact situation. Would love to know how this ended up for you and your hedgie!
I'm sorry I have no advice to share. 🦔

Hey! I'm experiencing this exact situation. Would love to know how this ended up for you and your hedgie!
I'm sorry I have no advice to share. 🦔
Hello, any updates on your hedgie? Just curious, I hope everything's fine.:)

Hello, any updates on your hedgie? Just curious, I hope everything's fine.:)
Hey! Thanks for checking in. I took her to the vet and they said that everything looked normal. They even did a fecal analysis. I cleaned out her cage and after a day or two she started up again with her usual routines. It was so strange.
They think it might have just been a behavior change. That she just wasn't in the mood. Either way, she is back to her old self and I'm very relieved.

Thank you too for the reply. All's well that ends well.:) Glad everything's back to normal. Got pics of her?

Back