Noise

Madip

I have had my chinchilla Sheldon and his new pal taco in different cages in the same room spread apart. It’s been 3 days and tonight they are making a run of noise seeming almost at each other. Doesn’t sound like a bark but almost a purr. They have been seemingly to frantically try to get to each other. Taco running side to side at the front of his cage and Sheldon which I have never seen climbed the wall of his cage up behind his wheel to get closer to taco.

taco since I got him has been vocal when I pet him and he barks when he doesn’t like something. I’ve only heard Sheldon make soft noises 2x in the 2-3 years I’ve had him and he has never barked at me.
are these noises good? Or bad? Are they trying to be friends or fight??? They haven’t interacted before and their cages are not even anywhere near touching. Has anyone seen this before? Is this a bad sign????

Chinmama

Super Moderator
My two chinchillas were never caged together, but I could hear them "talking" to each other quite often. Just quiet chirping and chattering noises.

Latest posts

Group builder