No shows around..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodysChinchillas

<- Pooper Scooper
I've been reading forums and they're saying that it is good to go to chinchilla shows, to learn more from the different breeders there, but the thing is, I can't find any chin shows close to me! The closest one that I've seen is NY, which is about 6 hours away. I live in Maine, does anyone know of any shows closer to me other than NY?

That is probably the closest show to you. Some of us have to travel pretty far in order to reach a chinchilla show. I have driven 18 hours one way to a get to a show.

It can be expensive, but it is definitely worth it. I usually drive alone to shows up to 8 hours away from me.

You're lucky it's only six. The closest to me is WI and that's 10 hours, after that it's the one's in Indiana and those are 17 hours away.

Yea, the closest to me is 11 hours though I have never been to that one. Last was 16 hours each way. That was killer.

I just figure at 6 hours you can make a fun weekend of it. Six hours can easily be done by one person in a day. :))

Maybe try making friends with someone a little closer to shows on here. Then you might be able to meet and carpool.

I just did 6 hrs each way to Shindig on Sat. The night before my 4 year old even REFUSED to let me take a nap and I survived. Trick - JAM TO SOME FUN MUSIC ON THE WAY LOL!!!! Katie Perry was my friend....

I've been to Ohio, it's 15 hours each way. My closest is Colorado at 5 hours.

The more people who join the groups and participate, the more widespread shows can become!

Ditto on Raven. They plan shows where the most members live. And more participants mean more shows. Someone has to pay for the judges and space. Its best to carpool if you can.

Back