Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaditR

Greetings all

No chins or hedgies here yet . Just joined the site to gather some info on these critters, I have been debating between the two for a few weeks, searching around to see what breeders are in my area, habitat requirements, etc....

So for now just reading up and looking at all the pictures people post until I make a decision 🦔

Hello and welcome!

Are you still debating between the two? Hope you get what you decide.

Depends on whether you like soft and fuzzy that you may or may not be able to hold or whether you like pointy and sharp that you may or may not be able to hold. :)

Welcome! There's lots to learn about either of them!

Well I can always just get both right? Perhaps in the future but for now let's stick to one lol. I actually just picked up a ferret nation cage that someone was selling on Facebook marketplace. Brand new still in box for half what it sells for online so looks like I'm going with a chin. Now to start getting this thing set up and do some shopping on Etsy

PXL_20220916_171232591.jpg

Last edited:
So I have been following a few breeders pages on Facebook, watching to see if anyone posted something that would catch my eye. I didn't really have a preference in the sex or color so I'm pretty open. When I saw this boy I knew I wanted it so I put a deposit on him 🙂
FB_IMG_1664075804634.jpgFB_IMG_1664075809497.jpg

That's great, you had his cage ready, right?

That's great, you had his cage ready, right?
I have a cage but it is not actually ready. I just bought some pans from quality cage and a ledge set from whimsical menagerie. I will be getting a wheel and some more ledges and treats from pandemonium pets on Etsy and a few other places in the next few days.

I see, but that's pretty exciting, I bet, preparing for his coming.:) Will you update us when he finally comes?

Back