New Jersey

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Stakie

These vets are some that were recomended to me, so I thought maybe they would be helpful to you.

Dr. Rider in hopewell [I am not sure where]
Creatures Veterinary Clinic-Sewell

[I'll list anymore that I find and anymore information when I can.

Animal & Bird Health Care Center & Hospital in Cherry Hill. Ph# 856-751-2122 Dr. Kuppersmith,DVM.

Last edited:
Dr. Boren at Oradell Animal Hospital in Paramus, NJ has been great for the past 6 years that he's been our vet.

The number for the Paramus location is (201) 262-0010. Dr. Boren also takes appointments out of their Hasbrouck Heights location. The number there is (201) 288-0299.

Not Lawrence An. Hosp anymore
Dr. Janice Goode is now (starting 8/10/09) at Banfield Pet Hosp. 2000 Clements Bridge Rd./Woodbury NJ 856-384-1800

Does anyone know any vets near Montclair NJ or the NYC area that specialize in exotics. I think I may have to have my male chinchilla neutured and I want to make sure I go to someone who knows what their doing. To make things a little more difficult, neither my boyfriend or myself drive since we're so close to the city. If I can some place relatively close I think we could take a taxi, just make sure they send one with air conditioning.

Dr. Pilny at the Animal Specialty Center in Yonkers. He is one of a kind. Its about a 45 minute drive from Newark NJ.He also has one in NYC (manhatten area if needed) I would suggest him for a Neuter before anyone else. He has done surgery on many.
Rutherford Animal Hospital isn't the worst if you want to go there but can't say how they are with surgeries on chins.
Stay away from Montclair animal hospital and Lyndhurst Animal hospital.
9 Odell Plz
Yonkers, NY 10701-1403
(914) 457-4000
If you really need to go and need a ride we can take you but you will have to pay for gas and tolls.

Last edited:
thanks - I have a chin parent (she got a chin from me) who wanted to know because she lives in Red Bank area and wanted to know before any trouble happens We are, of course, hoping that the vet is never needed

Not Lawrence An. Hosp anymore
Dr. Janice Goode is now (starting 8/10/09) at Banfield Pet Hosp. 2000 Clements Bridge Rd./Woodbury NJ 856-384-1800

Hi! I was hoping someone might be able to confirm that Dr. Goode is still in Woobury, as I my chin broke a nail on his foot - and I was thinking of taking the 1 hour drive down to her tomorrow from Freehold.

Thanks very much!

i just spoke to her tonight and she is on a convention in las vegas. when she returns she thinks she will be in the depford location for another month and then moved to marlton (which is closer to me....yay!) i have seen her in that location and it is in a nice central location and easy to get to.

Just wanted to say I've delt with Dr. Goode before and I think she's a wonderful vet. A very nice lady, understanding, takes the time to answer any questions you may have. She's very knowledgeable about several different kinds of pets and a great person overall. You can tell she really loves her job.

I just spoke to Dr. Janice Goode and she will be starting in the Marlton, NJ office on Monday Feb 8th.
She works at the Banfield inside the Petsmart. I have been to that location and it is a very nice facility.
The address is: 315 Route 70 Marlton, NJ the vet office phone number is: 856-596-5501.
When booking the appointment please specifically ask for Dr. Janice Goode.

thanks Michelle - I had emailed Janice to what the address and phone number was but didn't get an answer back. I saw her with Rachel last week and she said she was going to Marlton - YEA !!!!!

Just wanted to add, I spoke with Dr. Goode again today to inquire what type of xray machinery they have and she was thrilled to tell me that they have the latest technology of digital xrays!
I had them done at another facility and posted them here and they are very clear.
This is great news for chin and other pet owners in our area. now we have a great vet with the facilities to support our pets.

Back