New Jersey

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have many people dealt with Dr. Boren? It looks like they are the closet to me and if they are reliable, I will make the trip. Thanks :)

Has anyone else ever went to Dr. Doolen at North Star Vets in Robinsville, NJ? I went to him twice because they were the only one that was in his office for an emergency. He was really nice and helped me out a lot.

I was just coming to ask about Dr. Doolen too. After a choking scare with my dog last night I started looking for emergency vets. I found one close for the dogs, but not for the chins. Robbinsville is about 40 minutes away, so it would be doable if I needed a chin vet in the middle of the night.

Since Dr. Goode is apparently working for a vet office that doesn't treat exotics anymore I will definitely be giving Dr. Doolen a try when an emergency happens

i have seen dr doolen twice in the last 10 days for 2 of my chins. he is one of the best exotic/specialty vets that i have dealt with. Northstar vets is top notch in facilites and their staff is great. i had to bring my dog there last week and saw dr hammer. she was very nice and her tech megan was awesome!
the cost for a visit is about 125 though, so be prepared. their scripts are about 25 each. you may be able to work with the dr tho, sometimes he can work the numbers. tell him i sent you!!
btw....he is only there fridays, saturdays, sundays and mondays......so if you have an emergency on a different day you are going to get someone else. also he is booked! so plan ahead and make an appointment asap. he knows his stuff and he is gentle and sweet with the chinnies. inbox me if you have more questions. first chin, stitch i spent 360, i got xrays, teeth trim, urine & mouth cultures, 3 meds & the visit. 2nd chin Jack i got trim, e-visit, & meds (used the most meds from stitch but needed more baytril) and spent about 250.

I was just coming to ask about Dr. Doolen too. After a choking scare with my dog last night I started looking for emergency vets. I found one close for the dogs, but not for the chins. Robbinsville is about 40 minutes away, so it would be doable if I needed a chin vet in the middle of the night.

I bought my female chin to Dr. Doolen when I was worried about an upper respiratory infection. He did a really great job explaining everything to me and handling my very active, roudy chin. Her infection cleared up within days. I would definitely bring any of my chins back to him. Plus it's only 5 mins away and the facilities is BEAUTIFUL.

the only one i know of is
all creatures vet care center
352 Greentree road
sewell, nj 08080
856-256-8996

But thats is southernish jersey

Just to confirm - Dr. Doolen is still in Robbinsville? We had a minor scare last night when we saw a small amount of trampled blood on one shelf in our Gizmo's FN. While we see nothing residual on him, its enough that we think we should get him checked on. We used to use Dr. Goode for all of our chin needs, but she's in Florida now. We're in Freehold, so would Dr. Doolen be our best alternative? Thank so much :)

I go to plainfield animal hospital, although I'm thinking about checking out Dr. Doolen, as my one chin seems to be in very bad shape.

I recently moved and started my guys at Morris Plains Animal Clinic with Dr Sarah Marpet (it is Denville, NJ). She is incredible and knowledgeable! I recommend her highly

Dr Doolen from North Star in Robbinsville is highly recommended. I go to Belle Mead An. Hosp. since it is much closer to me and they are very good with chins. (Belle Mead,NJ) For 'after hours' I would definitely go to North Star

I recently just switched vets since I'm currently away at school in south Jersey. I went to All Creatures Veterinary Care Center with Dr. Weiss, and he was by far the best vet I've taken Barkley to; and we've been to 3 vets for him that said they saw chinchillas. He recommended when I head back to North Jersey, going to Oradell Animal Hospital in Paramus.

Back