New Feeding Position

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threewingedfury

<3 BIG and Blocky <3
Introducing the "Chincliner"

DSC_0024-2.jpg

Oh no, she sat like that for over 30 mins! When I caught her in the position, I ran to the room thinking "oh no, she's gonna move by the time I get my camera", but she didn't budge. I sat in the chin room for a while to see how long she would stay that way, gave up, came back in the room, went back a while later and she was still feeding in that position!

"Excuse me, a little privacy here"

DSC_0023-3.jpg

I have several that do the same thing. Some even lay on their backs while the kits climb up on their bellies.

haha i think chins are getting lazier nowadays. they had to learn it from someone *whistle*

Isn't it sweet? Most of my girls decide to lay on their back and stick their feet up into the run bars. I swear I fear that they have their leg stuck, but they're just propping their foot up, trying to scare their mom.

Well thank you :) One of the kits isn't hers, it's a foster kit from a set of v/c triplets. Poor little guy was beat up a few times by the larger kits and I decided to use her as a foster mom the day she gave birth to Adelais.

hmm...just out curiosity.....
1) The kit on the right side of the picture was the vc?
2) What color was the Sire (the left kit)?

sweet little babies. :)
care to deliver one over across the pacific...;)

Last edited:
Well, I did not know this but it seems that I breed for females who like to sit in that position! The black in my avatar was not nursing but just sits like that from time to time. NO RELATION TO TIFFS GIRL BUT MAYBE YOUR GIRLIE LEARNED IT FROM HER...

Back