New dust bath product.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuddlebug

I was contacted by Jason Kimberling from Hess Pumice Products about a product similar to Blue Cloud. He sent me some samples and I have been using them on both rescues and show animals for about a month. I can tell you that it works just as good as Blue Cloud in my situation and does not appear to get into the air quite as bad as Blue Cloud does. My son and I researched the product online and found that it does not cause respiratory issues. I also asked Jason about it and he told me it is recommended for use in children's sandboxes.

Jason just sent me a quote for shipping a pallet of 50 pound bags to my home. He is what he sent.

This is pricing if bought in pallet quantity (2,100 lbs) I did the math and it works out to 57 cents a pound.

• Price per 50lb bag = $19 (.38/lb)
  • Shipping prices for 1 pallet to Aurora, CO:
    • Shipped to business = $278.45 (doesn't include product price)
    • Shipped to Resident = $402.03 (doesn't include product price)
Shipping of course would be different to other parts of the country, but this will give you a good idea. He is also looking into smaller packaging and I will let you know what he tells me.

I will keep this updated for all of you so keep an eye on this thread.

Sounds like a good alternative! Thanks for the info, Cuddlebug. :))

Good news. Thanks for the info, Cuddlebug. Do any of your chins get eye irritation when they use a dust bath? If so, how is the new comparing in that regard?

This is Jason Kimberling. You can email me at [email protected] to request a sample of Chill Dust. I will need your name, address, and phone number. I am scrambling as fast as I can to supply a great product for the market. I am looking for ways to distribute this product cost effectively to service the customers. If anyone has suggestions, I am open to listen. Thanks, Jason

Thanks for the information! Sounds like a cost effective alternative. A lot of people have samples or requested samples. I should have a sample showing up later this week. From what I have heard so far, it seems to be a heavier dust than blue cloud. I'll see how it goes with my chins. I've got a lot of dark standards and blacks to test it on before making a decision.

Rdzc, let us know how it goes with the darks? I just tried a different product I came across and my Tessa came out looking like a snowball. I'm hoping for a much better result with this!

Rdzc, let us know how it goes with the darks? I just tried a different product I came across and my Tessa came out looking like a snowball. I'm hoping for a much better result with this!

What product did you use to make her look like a snowball?

Hubby bought the Petco brand dust and since it said blue cloud he figured it was the same dust. It clung to Tess so thickly it's on my walls and floor and my hair. Everywhere!!! It won't even come out of my clothes. And it sparkles. Now I know to be soecific when I ask him to pick up some dust and set up the bath lol... Oh well.

Hubby bought the Petco brand dust and since it said blue cloud he figured it was the same dust. It clung to Tess so thickly it's on my walls and floor and my hair. Everywhere!!! It won't even come out of my clothes. And it sparkles. Now I know to be soecific when I ask him to pick up some dust and set up the bath lol... Oh well.

If it sparkles it's probably Blue Sparkles.

trouble is though Blue Sparkle sparkles it doesn't make a dark chin look like a snowball and not 'come out of clothes' I use Blue Sparkle all the time and don't have those problems. The product must have corn starch mixed with Blue Sparkle - that is the only thing I can think of.

It was hideous. I threw it out. I ended up washing my jeans twice to get rid of the crap. Poor Tess. I wouldn't leave her alone till I got the excess off.

I have high hopes about this new stuff though :) My girls cant wait.

We had no problems whatsoever with the Hess product. No eye irritation - though we only ever had one chin who had that problem and we don't have her any more. I am very pleased with the product. I tried it on a white, a dark standard, a light standard, an ebony and a tan. The tan's coat looked like crap because he had been extremely ill a few months ago and is still recuperating. One bath and he looked a lot better. It worked great for all of the chins I tried, but my tan boy and my white girl really convinced me that it works well. Jason, thanks for posting on here!

I am loving this Hess product. It leaves my girls light and fluffy. No weird textures left on the fur. And my girls really didn't want to get out of it. They love it!!! Will be putting in an order!

I have been working hard on pricing for the smaller packages. I current can ship 2.5 lb bags. This is a nice looking retail package for resale if you choose. Here are the prices:

1 x 2.5 lb = $8.64
6 x 2.5 lb = $40.49
10 x 2.5 lb = $59.40

These prices are delivered prices. If you are interested in bulk quantities, please contact me directly.

Back