New design for FN 182?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchilla63

I just finished putting together my new FN 182 cage, I already have 2 Critter Nation cages. I actually took this one apart and put it back together, I thought I'd done something wrong.
There's an extra bar across the bottom, front and back, plus this weird "support cube" that goes between the support bar and the cage bottom.
Hopefully the photo will load so you can see what I'm talking about.
Has anyone seen this before? Is it new? I can't decide if it gives more support or weakens the cage by separating the cage from the stand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 50
Trying one more photo

At first one was sideways and a little hard to see, sorry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 44
I bought a 182 last summer and I hate it. It rattles so much when they jump around. To me it seems like this may be new to the design to maybe help the cage and make it sturdier? My 182 does not have that extra bar.

My 182 is ~2 yrs old, and it does not have that extra bar. I also hate it. It does not seem sturdy, and to be honest I am a bit uncomfortable with the "plug and play" style as opposed to the screws they used in the 142.

Hello, I recently brought a FN 182, I set up the cage yesterday and did see the two extra bars and the weird support cube. I removed it since I don't see it in anyone else's cage. My chin will arrive later this week, then I will compare if the bars make any difference in the cage :)

I don't understand what you mean by support cube, but mine looks like that and I really like it. It is very stable.

My 182 is ~2 yrs old, and it does not have that extra bar. I also hate it. It does not seem sturdy, and to be honest I am a bit uncomfortable with the "plug and play" style as opposed to the screws they used in the 142.

I completely agree with you! Plus when I'm not quite sure how to take this cage apart when the time comes lol

Back