New CN :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished putting my CN together. It was a little frustrating and took two hours by myself but it is finally done. Hoping to get Liam moved in this weekend. I need to go and make new ledges and shelves still since I wasnt expecting it so soon since I just ordered it Sunday at 8 pm. Will post pics when I get everything set up.

Hopefully I will have a happy chin when the move is complete.

Congrats! I love my CN :)) Putting it together was a pain - I had to do it by myself as well, really wasn't as easy as they advertise!

Yay!
Putting it together the first time (I have two) is a pain...I love it when they say "no tools required, BUT". (But a mallet would be nice...and someone to hold things while you try to fit 4 corners together at once...)
It's worth the sweat and curses, you will have a VERY happy chin! Have fun!

Yay!
Putting it together the first time (I have two) is a pain...I love it when they say "no tools required, BUT". (But a mallet would be nice...and someone to hold things while you try to fit 4 corners together at once...)
haha so true. thank goodness my girlfriend helped me... it would've been hard if there wasn't someone there to hold the pieces together while you're hammering away or trying to push the pieces together.

Finally got liam moved into his new cage :) I'm happy he likes it since i've read on here some chins don't take moving to a new cage very well. Waiting to save up some money so I can hopefully buy him a nice new house and some new flecee items. (It's time to buy all my college books again:banghead: Thankfully this is the last year)

Attachments

• liam 1.jpg
    liam 1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 47
  • liam 2.jpg
    liam 2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 34
Looks great but I would highly suggest you put something in the middle such as a hammock stretched across. If you can't then I would suggest you put the middle divider in. I would be cautious as that would be a really high fall for a chin.

I'm actually working on a hammock right now. If it doesn't come out right I have an extra shelf I can put in. Im just trying to figure out how to out how to put one in without making the door unusable. I was trying to not use the middle divider because his other cage didn't have one.

I'm with Sandi, that is a LONG fall just waiting to happen. :( Otherwise, you are off to a great start.

And don't worry, the first cage always seems hard to build. The second one will be much easier, and by the third you will be saying "Instructions? I don't need no stinkin' instructions!"

:dance3:

Back