New chubby chonker unit: Gus Gus

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocolatPocky

Thought I'd pose some photos of my new chubby chonker chin, Gus gus! Named after the lil fat brown mouse in Cinderella. :)

He's about 6 months old now. Loves the little wheatie things in the timothy hay and apple sticks! He likes doing parkour wall jumps in his cage, and going bonkers whenever a car/noise outside startles him. When I pet him he likes to groom and nibble on my hand, but doesn't liked being petted on his head. Chin and chest scritchies are ok-ish, he really just prefers to do the grooming! Runs/jumps like a maniac when I try to get him out of this cage. Likes to be awake during the day for some reason.

IMG_7710.jpg

Photo of him and Mr. B's cages next to each other. Hoping/praying Mr. B will one day get along with him.
IMG_7703.jpg

Mr. B - the OG chin chunk unit (~ 4 y/o):
IMG_7718.jpg
He still gets first dibs on dust baths and snackies. :)

Last edited:
I recently bonded them and they're very happy/snuggly together. I'm so happy they can get along! ^_^

Attachments

• IMG_7736.jpeg
    IMG_7736.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7737.jpeg
    IMG_7737.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 8
Another photo of them snuggling. ^_^

I notice Gus Gus likes to glom/lay on top of Mr. B (not humping/grasping him, Mr. B gets mad when he does that). Does that mean he is the dominant one? When I let them out to play though it's Mr B who is occasionally trying to hump Gus Gus.

Attachments

• IMG_7807.jpg
    IMG_7807.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 6
Back