New Chin mommy in PA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenxx810

Hey guys!

My name is Lauren and I'm a Senior Psychology Major studying at Indiana University of PA (maybe you've heard of it). I just adopted my first chin a little over 24 hours ago. I was told he was an adult grey male and I got him from someone who bred chinchillas, however she acquired this guy from somewhere else. I didn't want to support the pet stores by purchasing through them so I scoured the internet for a chin in need of a new home. I was able to get a very large two story cage for him and I went a little crazy at a few pet stores buying all sorts of treats and supplies. Needless to say, he's already spoiled. I've done extensive research on chins but I think that the best source of information is you guys who really know the ropes on owning a happy healthy chin.

Nice to meet you! This forum is such a great resource for almost all of your chinnie needs!

Welcome to the forum! This site has given me lots of great advice!

welcome! good for you for not finding your chin in a pet store!

just a note... beware what you buy (toy/treat wise) in the pet store. there are good things there, and some bad stuff too. if you're ever unsure, don't hesitate to ask around on here! many people have done so! there are also LOTS of vendors on this site with TONS of chinnie safe things to spoil your new furbabies!

Back