New cage need opinions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worldofnight

Pumpkin and Leon's Mom
My mom bought me a new cage which I thought was really sweet but she just bought it before I could help pick it out . She ordered it new from eBay I'm just wondering if this is a good cage for my chin and if not what can I do to make it better.
791611019269.jpg

take out all the plastic shelves and ramps and replace them with kiln dried pine shelves. because it is a tall cage, i would either make a wood platform across the middle with a few boards, or hang a hammock across the middle, half way up (think 'chinnie trampoline', lol).

those small doors are going to be a pain in the tookus come cleaning time.

and don't use the hammock, if it comes with the cage, as that is a ferret hammock and not safe for use with chins. the plastic tray on the cage bottom may need to be wrapped in polar fleece to keep your chin from chewing it.

edit - never mind my comment on the small doors, i now see that the whole side panels open up. that'll make cleaning easy!

Last edited:
Thanks guys I'm going to try and get some kd pine and make my own shelves for the cage because I can't afford for some one to make all those shelves for me right now but other than that I'm glad my mom picked a good cage

I also suggest if you aren't going to be using fleece liners for bedding, to order a custom sized pan that is deeper from bassequipment.com

Back