New cage and update

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kardelen

I know its been some time so i thought to let you all know that astrid is doing fine.
She loves to be petted and scratched and talked too and every night we have our own play time where she climbs up on me and runs up and down and jumps all over.
She has stopped crying the nights though i have noticed that sometims during the day while she sleeps she will start barking in her sleep (perhaps she's dreaming?)
I got her a new cage( see pic) and i know you will say about the plastic but she is fine with it and has lots of toys to chew on and she doesn't chew at them at all.
She does chew the cage door when back in from her play time ( she's really hating going back in) or when i return home late and if i return home late more than one day and she misses her play time she doesn't let me pet her (lol)
Other than that i can say that we seem to be going better with each other as time goes by.
During the summer i had the aircodition and a fun open as here in Greece it was too **** hot and she slept way too much and prefered to be on her cool marble tile.(got 4 so i changed them during day and night)
The only issue i have is that though i have a mineral block(not sure its called that) for her to chew on when she is out she chew the walls and the stairs(marble).
Hope you are all well.

p.s posting a pic of Astrid while we were playing today as well

Attachments

• D800C.jpg
    D800C.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
glad she is doing well.

Even if she is not chewing plastic now, there's nothing stopping her from doing it later. Ive had more then a few instances when my chins have just randomly decided to do things a different way.

IIR, they dont need a mineral block.

ok so its a gnawing stone...not a mineral one...

some months ago she went through that stage where she chewed on everything but now she seems to be ok with her cage.of course i keep an eye on her all the time and i check the cage regularly so if i notice chewing issues i can take action.

Back