Need to make a bigger home for my resuce hedgehog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sonica

I have aquired all the old housing items for my new hedgehog, but they are really as bad as they have treated my little girl. I would like to make her a new bigger home. I have some questions:

1. What are liners? How do you use them? Are they sanitary? Where can I get them?

2. Can a hedgehog be trained for a litter box in the cage? And if so, how should I go about doing this?

3. I like the idea of the igloo and hat. Where can I get these items?

Thanks in Advance for all your advice and help.

liners can be made from almost any material. my favorite is fleece and maybe cotton for the summer. you can make them yourself, or buy them from someone. Nancy is a favorite here for liners and such. you jusr make them to fit the cage and place them down. you can spot clean them everyday if your hedgie is litter trained, and wash them in your washer every 3 days or so. liners are almost impossible to use if your hedgie is not litter trained.

some hedgies can be trained to use a litter box, while some cant. it depends on the hedgie. if you want to try and train him, just find his poo, place it in the box, then place him in the box. it should take a few days. hopefully he'll take to it!

igloos can be bought from stores like petsmart or online. as for the hats, they can also be made by yourself, or bought from someone.

hope i helped! :D

Back