Need a cage, help please

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleta

I have a kit chin coming home soon Christmas week and have been researching all cages from quality cages to ferret nation to martins cages and exotic nutrition My issue is ferret nation cage is great but it has the plastic bottoms which I was told was a no no and there is no pull out bottom for easy cleaning! Then the Martin cages have the small 1/2 inch that is good but I have heard it's not good to stand on the mesh all the time and they look kind of flimsy. Quality cage looks good but expensive. I found one on exotic nutrition called the kritter castle that looks really good. Just want to know what is better? Help please!

You can cover the FN plastic pans with fleece or remove them and get different pans. Another option is tiling the floor of the FN.

oh, and probably will have to wrap a ferret nation temp. for kits.
I believe the critter nation has the smaller bar spacing that kits can't slip through - double check with others though to make sure because I'm not 100% positive on that.

Thanks. Is it hard to clean since it doesn't have a pull out tray?

Mine has steel platforms and ramps that are steel and solid. It also has a pull out tray. It is living world ferret habitat.

Great thanks for the input. I ordered a cage from exotic nutrition called the kritter castle cage. I will post a pic and let everyone know how it goes when I get it! Thanks again!

Back