My soon to be ebony baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvatore

I had been wanting an ebony for awhile and I stumbled upon a nice breeder fairly close to me. The little boy on the left will be coming home with me on Thursday morning. I'm so excited! Got a cage all ready and everything!

Attachments

• 2013-01-139512.51.12.jpg
    2013-01-139512.51.12.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 48
Cute! How old is he? Breeders (good ones anyway) don't let chin males go home until 10 weeks of age. Mine is 11 weeks currently and looks WAYYYY bigger and older than that picture. Is the picture just old or...? I am just curious because my little guys look way older ha ha.

Otherwise, CONGRATS! I love ebonies (my Scotty is an Ebony)

He should be 11 weeks now! When I initially contacted her she told me he was 9 weeks. She did say that they were older photos so I imagine he looks a little bigger than that in person :)

MyzarandGamma

I forgot to compliment you on your amazing Starship Enterprise picture. I freaking loved the fact that you named your chins Scotty and Kirk!

Cute! How old is he? Breeders (good ones anyway) don't let chin males go home until 10 weeks of age.

Many and most "Good breeders" ween kits at 7-8 weeks and hold kits for an additional time to make sure they maintain their weight. Male kits should not remain with mom and sister beyond this point unless they are still too small because they mature around this age and can get them pregnant. So long as they are a healthy weight and maintain that weight they are safe to leave at an earlier age than 10 weeks.

JBCStratton: I was just speaking in general. The original picture looks so young.

He is adorable though! I am so excited for you! :) Scotty and James love the Enterprise too, I should upload photos... anyway, I second the question of do you have a name? Congratulations and I can't wait to see more pictures!

He's very handsome! Have you picked a name for him yet or are you waiting until you meet him in person?

No I haven't picked a name as of yet! It's funny how I had all these ideas and now when I look at him I draw a blank. I am gonna wait til I get him and see if his personality gives me any ideas :)

How beautiful!!! Ebonies are one of my top favorites. (I'm personally taken to the beige) And when we do get another chinchilla, it'll certainly be an ebony. :)

His face IS veryyy cute!

Back