My chins love my heated blanket

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaAndDottie

So the other day while I was cleaning up in my room I let my two chins out to play on my bed, not realizing my heated blanket was on. They spent the whole time sitting on it.
So today I figured I would let them out with the blanket on a lower setting and the whole time they crawled around under the blankets on top of the heated one and wouldn’t come out. I’ve had them for six years now and I’ve always kept them in a cooler environment, is this normal? And safe?

So the other day while I was cleaning up in my room I let my two chins out to play on my bed, not realizing my heated blanket like burrito blanket was on. They spent the whole time sitting on it.
So today I figured I would let them out with the blanket on a lower setting and the whole time they crawled around under the blankets on top of the heated one and wouldn’t come out. I’ve had them for six years now and I’ve always kept them in a cooler environment, is this normal? And safe?
I have faced the same for my chin. I did the same.You are doing okay according to me after reading this.

I would be very very careful that your chins do not at any time overheat. You are responsible for their welfare at all times and I personally would not encourage them to gravitate towards a heated blanket.

Back