My chin is making small noises from his nose I think

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josephomega434

It started a few weeks ago and I thought nothing of it. He is still drinking and eating normally, normal poops. I did have to separate him form his mate since she was eating all the food. He seems lighter and a little skinnier since then and not as active. He makes strange sounds that sound like it comes form his nose. Like its stuffed, almost like a small squeak from his nose. He's active when I take him out for play time but in his cage he might run for a bit and then just stay in his igloo. I really don't want to take him to the vet unless its necessary since I believe the last vet had something to do with my other chinchillas death but that's besides the point. Could someone please educate me to what may be going on? I'm worried about him. Thank you!

It sounds like it could be the starts of a possible upper respiratory infection. Would highly recommend a vet as stuff like this can only be dealt with via a vet. My girl has been and is still suffering from the same and has been on antibiotics for coming up to a week now. It can take time but the vets I'm afraid is the best place to go for these kinds of things. Wishing you and your chin all the luck and love in this world ♥️♥️♥️

Back