My chin is all healthy now!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamaisVu

This forum has been a lifesaver the past couple of months.

As some of you know, I've had to deal with chinchilla health issues starting late last year.

I took Susu in for a vet visit last week and the vet says she's a healthy, 11 year old chinchilla. Her irritated eye is better and x-rays showed no sign of dental disease, bloodwork looked good, the foot that had bled a few times this year looks better and no signs of pododermatitis (which was what I was hoping to hear), and the most exciting news is that she is no longer considered overweight, so at 695g she's at her ideal weight (thank you so much @Amethyst for all the forage feeding suggestions, they've worked fantastically well!) The vet said that her reduced weight should also help prevent further foot issues, so that made me happy.

I can even tell she's been feeling better because she's been more active and playful than she has been in years! Hoping to have her just as happy and healthy for many years to come!

Even though she was upset to have gone to the vet, she got rose petals to celebrate her health after we got back home.

Thanks everyone for all your advise and help!

Back