My 2 biggest chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

The 1st picture is the mom (Oakye Dokye) and the 2nd picture is her daughter
(Apryl). Apryl just turned one on April 11, 2013. If you can't read the scale mom is 1182 and daughter 1163. She also had a full brother that is 1075.

Attachments

• Oakye 082313.jpg
    Oakye 082313.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Apryl 082313.jpg
    Apryl 082313.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 110
WOW! Love the name Oakye Dokye!

I won a standard from Shoots at Nationals in Oklahoma maybe 3 years ago. I also won an ebony female too forgot the rancher's name but her name is Raffles (Raffye).

I am not sure if these two will breed since they are large. I'm going to wait until the CA State show to put them in breeding.

Lovin' the curves :) Have faith, just make sure to put them in with a nice "get 'er done" male. I've got a girl that wasn't put in breeding until she was 3yrs old. When she went into breeding she weighed right around 1000g. After a while she topped out for a bit around 1100g. She just delivered her first live birth this week, topping out near 1200g. This is her second litter, first did not make it...found dead so not sure why but the big girls CAN get pregnant :)

Big girls certainly can get pregnant! They might just need a feisty, smaller male.

I have a big girl, a beautiful beige, who is a super slow breeder. She has had one litter for me since 2010. After she and her previous male proved they were just going to hang out, I swapped in a smaller but otherwise gorgeous proven standard male and he bred her as soon as she was in heat.

Keep the faith! And don't be afraid to swap mates.

Back