Most reliable water bottle

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minccino

Chin-sational
I have the Kaytee brand glass water bottle. I have spent the last 10-15min trying to make it stop leaking! What the heck?! It worked perfectly fine for a month, and now it's leaking like crazy. Obviously I have to buy a new water bottle now. I don't know if I can trust this same bottle again.. What's your opinion on the best water bottle? I don't want anymore leaks. I would prefer glass.

How did you end up fixing them? Maybe there's something I could try.
I tried putting it on different angles against the cage, I was only able to get it leaking slower.. Instead of not at all. Elijah is sleeping right now anyways, so I just removed it altogether.

my superpet glass bottles do leak some times. It depends often on the water/air pressure.

I never fill them up 100% only 90-95% leaving some room for air at the top. Moving the bottle around, or even carrying it to the cage, will alter it inside and start leaking. Usually i take a piece of paper towel can keep tapping the ball for a little bit. Some times i have to hold the ball in for a few sec while it adjusts and then tap the ball a bit more. It usually works for stopping the leaks.

my superpet glass bottles do leak some times. It depends often on the water/air pressure.

I never fill them up 100% only 90-95% leaving some room for air at the top. Moving the bottle around, or even carrying it to the cage, will alter it inside and start leaking. Usually i take a piece of paper towel can keep tapping the ball for a little bit. Some times i have to hold the ball in for a few sec while it adjusts and then tap the ball a bit more. It usually works for stopping the leaks.

Thanks for the tips! I've adjusted it enough now that it's leaking very little.. I put extra fleece below it, so the water won't drip down to the bottom level. I'm going to buy a new one in a couple of hours.

It still confuses me how it's doing this so all of a sudden, out of no where. :s

How did you end up fixing them? Maybe there's something I could try.
I tried putting it on different angles against the cage, I was only able to get it leaking slower.. Instead of not at all. Elijah is sleeping right now anyways, so I just removed it altogether.

my bf got new seals then did something with the nozzle where it connects to the bottle. I think he used some tape or something...

Check to make sure that the washer is still in place and in good shape. You can also try cleaning the nozzle with a pipe cleaner. Sometimes, hay or dir get stuck in them or they get a calcium buildup.

Back