Mochi & Mocha from The Netherlands💓

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momochi

20201216_102637.jpgMocha is the grey girl and Mochi is the beige girl ❤❤❤

Mochi suffers from glaucoma which is currently under control but causes her to be partially blind. Both of them have had very rough months lately.
Mocha lost a lot of weight and stopped eating. She needed a malocclusion surgery when I found out.
Mochi seemed to have a bigger problem. What looked like a bladder infection was actually pyometra. She had to do an ultrasound (just in case) and had a very big and scary spay operation.

Both seems to be doing fine now meanwhile my wallet's looking very slim from all the vet visits the past few months, but they're so worth it and I feel so lucky to have found out about both of them and still have them here with me today 😢💖❤❤❤

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about your chins. Is Mocha not eating still?

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about your chins. Is Mocha not eating still?
Mocha still had to get feed by hand. After the surgery I noticed that she wanted to eat, but just couldn't, so I made her regular food wet and then she would eat. Since we've been on vacation last week, Mocha has been staying at my cousin's and she was force feeding her with a syringe. Currently she's eating force-food out of a bowl and that seems to be working out. My guess is, since her tooth was growing in the side of her mouth, it was still hurting a lot after the surgery. I didn't think it would take her this long to recover but she's finally eating more day by day (not her regular dry food though although she tried it several times!).

That's good news. Hope everything will be okay. Just read about Mocha as well. No eating problem with her, right?

View attachment 21926Mocha is the grey girl and Mochi is the beige girl ❤❤❤

Mochi suffers from glaucoma which is currently under control but causes her to be partially blind. Both of them have had very rough months lately.
Mocha lost a lot of weight and stopped eating. She needed a malocclusion surgery when I found out.
Mochi seemed to have a bigger problem. What looked like a bladder infection was actually pyometra. She had to do an ultrasound (just in case) and had a very big and scary spay operation.

Both seems to be doing fine now meanwhile my wallet's looking very slim from all the vet visits the past few months, but they're so worth it and I feel so lucky to have found out about both of them and still have them here with me today 😢💖❤❤❤
OMG I have 2 standard grays Bean and Boba and ive been dieing to add a mosaic to name Mochi 😭😭😭😭 Beautiful!!

Back