Minato and Chili!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinatoandChili

Hi there! I’d like to introduce my two babies, 2 year old Minato and 3 year old Chili! These babies were rescued, Minato on March 27th and Chili on April 30th. They each have their different and own personalities but most certainly make me smile each day:) I hope to get to know other chin buds and answer or ask any questions!
381F557C-646A-4454-94E4-7862123848B2.jpeg57993729-F1C0-47AB-8A1A-BECF0644262F.jpegFC59B646-0A98-4F45-9236-190D7D911CAC.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it as helpful and welcoming as I have. :) Your chins are adorable!

Hello and welcome to the forum.:) It's great to see pictures of your adorable chins. How are they as buddies?

Hello and welcome to the forum.:) It's great to see pictures of your adorable chins. How are they as buddies?
Hi, it’s nice to meet you! And thank you:) My 3 year old chin, Chili, is new to our family. So far there haven’t been any interactions with Minato, but I’ll be sure to update at another time 😊

Nice to meet you too and thanks for the reply.:) Oh yeah, I just figured Chili is just days with you yet. Well, they'll get there. How's your bonding with Minato so far?:)

He’s amazing, a sweetheart at most. He learned his name really quick and enjoys interacting many times throughout the day. Our bond grew very quickly which amazed me, thinking that it would possibly take months.

He’s amazing, a sweetheart at most. He learned his name really quick and enjoys interacting many times throughout the day. Our bond grew very quickly which amazed me, thinking that it would possibly take months.
Awesome, how quickly you were able to bond. Is Chili showing some progress?
Thanks for the replies.

We bonded in the first week. To me it seemed longer but after I realized it took a week, I was surprised because he seemed very shy. With Chili it’s somewhat different for two reasons (1) I want her to get comfortable with her surroundings meaning with Minato before actually handling her on my own and (2) She is a very nervous fellow. The thing with Minato when I first met him was that he was shy, but a lot different from usual chinchillas I would say. He didn’t have any fur slip, didn’t spray, and basically not show any instinct behaviors so it made it easier to interact with him. I also hand fed him most of the time so he showed more affection. As to Chili, she’s used to people touching her because whenever she’s out her cage she runs over me. But since minato is present, she seems more tense. This means that she sprayed and had fur slip the first days. Now, she’s more comfortable and understanding of where she is but she’s still making progress. I hope hand feeding her will get her trust and just being present outside her cage will help as well. If you have any recommendations, I’d be more than happy to hear them!

Back