Metal litter pan?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggie:-)

Okay so i have fleece liners in maggies cage now and i have read alot of you guys say you use a litter box in the corner for your chinchilla to pee in....
I want to do that also but i didnt want to get a plastic one from the petstore so i was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere i can get a metal corner litter pan? One with a grate over it if possible. Or can anyone make one?
If it attatched to the side of the cage like the plasric ones that would be great.
I had found one at petsmart in the ferret section made out of recycled paper. I got it but she can easily tip it over.
Thanx.

Have you thought of using a glass casserole dish? They're typically too heavy for the chins to move around or knock over.

I've seen a metal litter pan with a high back on ebay before... but a quick search turns up nothing, and as I remember, it didn't have a grate.

Okay i will try that. I was just hopeing to find somthing with a grate but o well. The dish will do :) thank you.

Grey chins, you own a prairie dog?! Could you show me any pics? They are so cute. :)

I'm on my phone right now, so I don't have access to any pics except the ones on my website:

shiloh_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back