Meet my new baby!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia

Forever Weird
We went to the spca and brought home the tabby named James today. He's such a sweet boy! He's a bit afraid of our other cat at the moment and has been hiding in the laundry room. We're not sure what his name is going to be yet. I wanted to name him Martin, but our other cat is named Marla and that might be confusing for them.

Attachments

• HPIM2448.jpg
    HPIM2448.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 110
  • HPIM2445.jpg
    HPIM2445.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 99
  • HPIM2444.jpg
    HPIM2444.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 99
  • HPIM2443.jpg
    HPIM2443.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 97
oh wow...he is the spitting image of my cat, Cooper! He's gorgeous.

I think we might call him Jimmy, that's pretty cute. Our cat Marla is growling & hissing at him and he just seems confused and nervous about her. She always lived with other cats for 7 of her 8 years of life, though, so she'll get over it eventually. I think she's feeling territorial. I ordered some Feliway online, I heard it might help.

He is a sweet boy who rubs all over you for love and flops on his belly to be petted. He has his claws though, and he's already tried clawing our couch a few times. I got him a scratch pad but he doesn't seem interested in it. If he keeps trying to claw our furniture, he's gonna have to have those little claw cap things put on him. I don't remember what they're called.

Soft paws. Or you can just simply trim his nails. Use human nail clippers and cut to his quick without cutting his quick. That takes off the daggers.

Sometimes my cats growl and hiss at each other when they come home from the vet because they smell different. A cats main sense is sense of smell. Try rubbing one of your "dirty" shirts on him. I usually keep new kitties in a bedroom for at least a couple of days giving everyone a chance to adjust to each other and new smells. I don't know if someone is always home or not but I wouldn't leave them alone together for a few days.

Thank you for saving a life!

Edit: most of my cats love the sisal rope posts and the cardboard scratchers WITH catnip.

He is adorable!

Both of my cats have their claws and I just get out the nail clippers about once a week or whenever the nails are looking long and clip them all off. If you start early, it makes it easier to continue to do over the years. I flop my two onto their backs either in my lap or on the floor in front of me and they stay there until I'm done clipping their nails.

I had the soft paws for my cat, Sybil (we named her that because we think she is insane). It turned out to be more work and messier than just trimming her nails. Usually my dad holds her against him, facing away from him and I just grab one paw at a time and clip it quick. She's not really used to it because my parents don't really trim her nails on their own and I've been at school for a few years, so she hasn't experienced it consistently but I'm pretty sure I could do it on my own if I tried.

He's pretty. His coat looks like it's caramel colored or something, it's beautiful.

Back