Meet Digby!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelseabell

Well, I finally got my hands on Digby this evening!

009yvo.jpg

He was pretty friendly when we (my husband and I) first held him at the breeder's house. Been a little edgy since we got him home and doesn't want to be messed with so I've left him be as far as touching him or anything goes. He's also peed literally everywhere he can reach and pooed in various locations, including his hedgie bag (luckily I'd made a spare). Assuming I'll have to make as many as I can with the fleece in my possession if he continues to pee everywhere. Having a go on the wheel and drinking water periodically. The cage is made of plastic bins, which he's been trying to climb up the side of, both a hilarious and pitiful sight. All of this is normal, I'm assuming, from what I've read. Anything doesn't sound normal, I'd welcome feedback.

So far everything sounds good to me! He is just so cute! <3

Welcome home Digby! He is cute :)

Good call on letting him acclimate. I'd give him a little calm snuggletime tonight and see where that takes you.

Hopefully, he'll center his pottying in one location over time.

Glad you had the second hedgiebag. I have one boy now and several hedgiebags. I do laundry weekly and, sometimes, he's run out of clean ones by laundry time, so he'll get a fleece remnant inside his igloo as a substitute for a short time. He's such a little Messy!

Back