Lymphoma

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrschonk3

My 16 year old chinchilla was diagnosed with lymphoma last week. The mass on her neck is getting larger and I'm concerned about her being in pain. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thankfully, and at the same time regretfully for you, I do not. Has your vet made any comments about removal at this point?

He doesn't want to remove it because of the area that it's in. It's her neck so there are too many vital structures he could hit. He's attempted to remove masses on the neck previously and has never had good results. Plus, her age is a factor too.

Any advice on how to tell if she's in pain? The mass is so large now that she can't touch her face with her hands. Still eating and pooping normally though.

Again, having not dealt with this personally, I would say judge by her behavior. If she's eating, drinking, pooping, normal level of activity - then the pain probably isn't overwhelming. If that changes, and keep in mind that chins are masters are hiding intense pain, then you have a decision to make.

Back