Loss of chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lkayyy

On may 10,2021 I lost my first chinchilla. This chinchilla was very special to me because his first owner was my sister, who has passed. He was the only pet she had at the time. He lived for 9 years. His death was sudden which is why it’s much more difficult for me to process.
I feel terrible because I wish he would have lived a longer life.
He’s left behind his cage mate and it worries me.43091E5E-AA1F-4D37-8A70-F7BB0C30374C.jpeg

I'm sorry for your loss, it's always the worst when it's sudden and they are still fairly young. Do you have any idea how he died? If not you might want to get the cagemate in to the vet for a check up just to rule out anything that could have passed to him. Otherwise try to give the other chin lots of extra attention, he will be grieving too so make sure he is eating and drinking ok.

On may 10,2021 I lost my first chinchilla. This chinchilla was very special to me because his first owner was my sister, who has passed. He was the only pet she had at the time. He lived for 9 years. His death was sudden which is why it’s much more difficult for me to process.
I feel terrible because I wish he would have lived a longer life.
He’s left behind his cage mate and it worries me.View attachment 21465
It's so heartbreaking to lose a fur baby and I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace, little one.

Back