Looking to adopt a older male chinchilla

Shadow1986

But having no luck finding any in upper darby pa, he would be a friend for stormy my 10 year old male

AliBergmann

I live in Rockland County, NY and I’m not sure how far Darby PA is but I have two sweet male chinchillas (Chili and Queso). Chili is older roughly 6 years old and very dominant and Queso is younger, about 3 years old, he’s more of a snuggle bug! We did not have luck with having them live together full time. We bought chili first and then several months later added Queso to the family, but they are fine running around outside their cage playing together. I’m looking for a safe and happy home for both of them. Their “home” would be included and all supplies I currently have (bedding, hay, dust...). Selling them is an extremely difficult decision we have had to make but I had a baby 8 months ago and it’s become so difficult to provide the type of environment they need and deserve. If you’re interested in purchasing them and want to discuss further please let me know. They are amazing little guys and I want to do what’s best for them.

Shadow1986

stormys sweet and gets along well with other chins , not a fan of being held or cuddling he loves to play and run around more, I can look up how far your,re from upper darby pa

AliBergmann

Hi. Sorry I think I posted my response to the thread. I’m not familiar with the site. I’ve been trying to find a safe and reliable source to meet chinchilla owners for our boys. As a mom now, I’m extremely cautious and have been weighing our options.

Shadow1986

I understand we,ve been looking for a cagemate for several months now, and we’re,re cautious to, cause we lost shadow in a kinda traumatic and unexpected passing.

Shadow1986

There are no chinchilla rescues nearby we live , we have checked google , and a few chin breeders . We’re very experienced and I can tell stormy is lonely even after all theses months, I want to see him how he was when he had his brother shadow

Toby the chinchilla

This is a suggestion, but at times nearby petsmarts sell chins if your willing to spend 150 dollars. Just go to the petsmart website and look around there to see if one is nearby

Shadow1986

We got both our 2 first chinchillas at Petsmart and both wound up having health problems later in life and became special needs and we spent lots of money on meds and vet visits

Shadow1986

Plus Petsmart only sells babies and stormy is 10 years old we can’t put a baby with a adult it wouldn’t be safe.

Shadow1986

Thanks for the suggestion toby, but we,re going to get a new chin from somewhere safer where they breeder for genetics and health , and the adoption fee is cheaper , we got 13+ years of chin exp . We want to see stormy happy again , and we would be happy again too.