Looking For Words Of Comfort

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

My beloved chin Buttons is undergoing surgery this upcoming Monday to remove a small abscess on his foot. Knowing how fragile chinchillas are, and after seeing so many stories of surgeries gone wrong, chins not waking up from anesthesia, etc. I'm nervous. The vet that will be doing the surgery is a retired registered breeder and has done surgery on multiple chins before, so that helps my nerves a little. If anyone could reply with assurance, comfort, positive affirmations, or anything related, I would really appreciate it.

Over the years I've had several chinchillas who have been aneathsitised and all of them have woken up none the worse for the experience, maybe a little groggy for a short time, though it can never be guaranteed. If he is otherwise healthy apart from the abcess I don't think you should be putting yourself through such anguish, will be just routine for your vet, but I know it is difficult not to!

Back