Lonely Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillaluver

BamBam my 11 yr old recently lost his life long cage buddy and dad Charles who was 18 yrs old (we miss you Charles, rest in peace luv). I was wondering if there is anything I can do to make the transition process easier for BamBam. I can tell he misses Charles and his behavior is a little different...he is acting a little frightened and out of sorts when he is back in his cage. I put a Cuddle Buddy in the cage and some additional toys so far. At play time he is fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

So sorry for your loss.

Give it time. It's an adjustment for him. You've done the right thing giving him a cuddle buddy and some more things to do.

Remember down the road if you decide to get him another male friend that they may or may not hit it off. Always do a 30 day quarantine w/ any new chinchillas.

wow.......18. sorry charles passed but he had a nice long life.
i think you are doing everything exactly as you should. only time will heal. extra scritches for bambam!

i'm very sorry to hear Charles passed away. he had a good long life.

spend extra time with BamBam, give him lots of attention. extra toys and a cuddle buddy are great things to help a lonely chin.

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like BamBam lost a dear friend, and time will help. The cuddle buddy is a great idea, and if you can spend some extra time with BamBam, that may speed up the healing process - for both of you.

Sorry for your loss. Perhaps you and BamBam can help each other heal from the loss of Charles. Sounds like you are already on the right road to helping make it a little smoother. Best of luck ... sometimes time is the only thing that helps!

Thank you all for your suggestions and support. It sounds like we are on the right track = extra attention, more playtime and toys, and you're right - it will take time to adjust.
Thanks again,

Rachel, BamBam, and Chilla

Back