Litter Pan

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

My boys have three glass Pyrex storage dishes filled with aspen shavings as litter pans. But, even when I replace the dirty shavings daily and wash them out weekly, some of the urine/bedding residue sticks to the pan and refuses to come off even with scrubbing with hot water and soap, unless I vigorously scrape it with a scraping tool. It works, but it takes a lot of effort and time. I don't really mind scraping the pans, but is it really necessary to scrape off the residue if I already scrubbed and disinfected the pans with soap?

I spray Natures Miracle into the pan and let it sit overnight about once a month, it helps break up the residue so it comes off easier. I have another pan I put in the cage while the other is being cleaned, you could probably get another pan so you can swap them out soak one at a time. The staining is commonly the calcium from the pee, it wont hurt them but is a pain to get rid of if you let it build up too much.

Back