Lime Spray as a Deterrent?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't use it. People used to try and use bitter apple spray and the chins loved it and would chew even more.

If your chin is chewing something that you don't want them to chew, you are going to need to block off whatever that is so they can't gain access.

My chin is gaining a nasty habit of the floor trim. Not sure how I can block that off without just putting him in a playpen

Yep that's their nature. Everything is fair game to them and pretty much nothing you can do about that. If you don't like it the playpen is the best idea or try using cardboard around your play area.

i no the feeling ariana. Mine love to chew and eat my walls themselves. How the heck do you block that off? Have no open room for a playpen, and i tired putting cardboard over the walls. They chewed and ate that until they were able to get it out of their way. And if you tried to stop my momma chin, shed shoot at you...

Their... persistent... to say the least.

I used to use upholstery tacks and line the play room in fleece about a ft high all the way around. For some reason they don't like chewing my new place (lucky me)

Back