Lets see those cages!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P8190030.jpg

my girl marshmallows cage. ive since added a wheel and moved things around. :)

Texas rescue cage

photo-6.jpg

We were supposed to have girls and ended up with two boys so I guess you could say they pretty fancy boys.

It is a ferret nation but I haven't revamped the platforms to make it safe for them yet so I am just using one level.

Last edited:
weebles cage

weebles second cage cost some $$$ well worth it thinking about making a c&c cage or mansion for the next habitat

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 220
Well, it's called a Flying Saucer, and it's one of my favorite wheels, it works great.

We bought Shadow a Flying Saucer today, I was inspired by your post (the saucer looked so neat!) :D his cage is a bit small for it, but we won't have money for a new one for a little while.

I'm not going to take pictures because I'm a bit embarrassed about it... his previous owner didn't have a lot of space (and neither do we, for that matter, but I want my baby to have enough space!!)

Anybody know of any relatively inexpensive cages?

Here's another question. I'm more and more interested in building Shadow a C&C cage. Do I have to order them online? Or are they commercially available?

actually, edit:
i found that i can get the storage cubes at Wal-Mart, which is what I'm going to do. But where do I buy the Coroplast for the liner?

were can i find fleece liners, bags, and others 4 hedgies since Nancy isn't taking orders right now.

I am taking a few orders depending on what you want and as long as you aren't in a huge rush. I'm only doing one order at a time and am not sewing full time yet. Email me what you want. [email protected]

No I am not in a rush at all. I just know you make the best stuff and I want the best for my bundle of joy : )

I don't have a fancy or big cage, but I am pretty happy that I managed to make some fleece liners for Ruby. She's still sleeping, so I won't find out tonight how much she likes them and the sleeping bag I made.

Last edited:
thanks : ) I also have one that says treats with a hedgie on it

This is Ossian's starter cage; it's a 1x3 C&C which puts it at just over 4 sq. ft. He'll be living in it for the next year due to limited space. When my bf and I move in to our own place next year, Ossian will probably have his own room and I'll rebuild his cage to be a 2x3 C&C.

In it he has a Carolina Storm wheel and litter pan, T-shaped PVC pipe, food and water bowls, jingly cat ball, tp tube, and blankie/hedgie bag. I was so proud of him for keeping his cage tidy for the first two weeks we had him... but this week he has discovered how fun it is to burrow under his liners and make a mess of everything. :rolleyes:

He also has a lid for his cage though you can't see it in the pictures and I'm pretty sure it's unnecessary because I made the walls so high.

Attachments

• php9OD2b0PM.jpg
    php9OD2b0PM.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 156
  • phpa0szYSPM.jpg
    phpa0szYSPM.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 136
  • phpkaZA1QPM.jpg
    phpkaZA1QPM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 133
I have Zoo Zone cages for my girl (and my soon-to-be new girl). I read one question about them having poor ventillation... I don't think it's bad at all. The cage never gets stinky/stale smelling, Zoe is in better health than she has ever been, and it can't be worse than a storage container house! I love how it lets in so much light, also it's nice to clean (it fits in the bath tub, so giving it a thorough wash is easy)
They're not huge, but that just means more living room time for Zoe and Sonia.

Here's a cell phone pic of the cage waiting for when we get Sonia. It's still clean!!

IMG00319.jpg

Where's her wheel? Another thing against ZooZones is that they are not tall enough to fit a suitable sized wheel and hedgehogs must have a wheel.

The wheel is coming, I'm going to go for the flying saucer.
10 more days until there will be a hedgehog in there too!

Back